My body has become very good at burning fats for fuel. My total daily carbohydrate intake varies between 25g-40g which is between 7-10% of my daily calories. My goal each day is to consume 120g of protein (30%) and the remainder of my calories will be good fats which is about 107g (60%). My daily calorie intake should be between 1600 and 1700.
Sometimes it’s hard to get all these calories in during my 7 hr eating window especially since I am rarely hungry and the two meals I do eat are completely satiating.
I have been doing intermittent fasting consistently for two weeks and my energy levels have significantly risen and my fatigue during my CrossFit workouts has drastically been reduced. It’s kind of amazing but I workout with very low carbs, but completely hydrated with sufficient electrolytes! The meal before I workout includes my daily fruit (only blueberries, cherries or raspberries in a less than a handful amount.
* Some research suggests that those who use a targeted ketogenic diet approach who eat a 20-50g of “good” carbohydrates around their workout can train a little harder & not worrying about muscle breakdown or excess cortisol (that’s 20-50g in addition to their allotted daily carbs)
Some research suggests that those who use a targeted ketogenic diet approach who eat about 20-50g of “good” carbohydrates around their workout can train a little harder and not worry about muscle breakdown or excess cortisol. (That’s 20-50g in addition to their allotted daily carbs.)
I continue to research the affects of ketosis, being fat adapted and intermittent fasting. I am learning a lot from some very smart doctors and researchers.
There is so much more to explain about being fat adapted & ketogenic eating as a lifestyle approach to health and wellness. Weight loss is just a bonus after all the chronic disease fighting, hormone balancing, anti inflammatory, age defying, cognitive improving benefits!
Do your own research and once you get past the quickie Keto diet videos and delve into the real science, you might be inclined to try becoming fat adapted, too!
Oh, by the way, here’s the pictured meal info:
• 2 Crepini Egg Wraps w/cauliflower (1 wrap = 30 cal Fat 1.5g Carb 0 Protein 3g)
• 4 slices of smoked salmon (Kirkland Signature) (1 serving is 2 slices = 30 cal Fat 2.5g Carbs 0 Protein 12g)
• 49g (1.75 oz) of Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese (serving size 1 oz = 100 cal Fat 10g Carbs <1g Protein 2g)
• 1/2 Small Hass Avocado 🥑 = 75 cal Fat 4.5 Carbs 6.8 Protein 0)
Train Hard, Eat Clean, Stay Lean, Live Well
Foreverfit4u Personal Training